Myrl, Max, and James Snodgrass started building commercial construction in 1940. Snodgrass Construction was formed in 1962 and operated with four partners.
Jim Snodgrass opened Snodgrass Construction in 1979 and continued work with Westar Energy primarily in the underground and subcontractor division, Chisholm Trail Bank, and Intrust Bank become some of his first customers.
In 1981, David Snodgrass started working at Snodgrass Construction initially as a Project Superintendent. In 1988 he was promoted to an Estimator and Vice President.
The Boeing east lean-to was completed in 1990.
The Kansas Air National Guard’s first JOC contract was in 1991; the Boeing Paint Complex was built in 1992. A second roofing contract with IDIQ was earned in 1993, as well as with the Murray Gill Substation, and the Boeing BCS generators.
In 1994 the first Roto Mill Air Field map was completed. Snodgrass Construction continued to operate with four partners through 1996. The Kice Mill Assembly shipping building and McConnell FFA control tower remodel were also completed in 1996.
In 1998, the original Snodgrass Construction building burned down due to arson. The first service contract with Boeing Commercial was won. Steve Slusher joined the team to help with business development, maintain service contracts with Boeing, and oversee project managers. Trinity Academy and MAFB Shopette contracts were also earned in this year.
Snodgrass & Sons Construction Co., Inc. Re-established
The name Snodgrass & Sons Construction Co., Inc. was re-established In 1999.
Projects progressed as follows: